Strange Magic

That’s what I’d have to call my weekend thus far.

Friday was a strange day indeed. Since my father’s 1982 pickup is dead, he had to drive my car to work. Leaving the family with one vehicle. My mother had to ferry me to a piano lesson at 8:20 (cxceedingly early, I know). Then, we had to run an errand that we anticipated would take a long time, but really only took about 2 minutes.

Then, I was taken back to college to wait for my 11:10 class.

My class, which was choir, went alright, save for the idiot coreographer who is helping us out with our variety show numbers.
Despite the fact that half the choir dances one way and half dances completely different, she doesn’t feel the need to go over a move until people understand it.
There is a song that was coreographed by someone else, a song which we haven’t even touched for at least a week.
So… It can be guaranteed that when the choir teacher wants to run through it, nobody will remember what to do. Which will result in him blowing a gasket, as he normally does when working on this variety show. This type of thing doesn’t exactly make for the most enjoyable choir session.

So. Back on track. After choir, I got to hang out around campus for a long time, with Chad. My boyfriend.

Those words still sound a bit odd together.
My brain is still trying to sort that one out.

But anyway. When the evening rolled around, Chad and I checked into a hotel, and then went out to eat. After that, we went to the mall, and he watched me play two games of DDR. 🙂

Afterwards, we went back to the hotel room. We listened to music, watched tv, and I got drunk. And, my first drunken injury. I was goofing off (whilst drunk), and fell off the corner of the bed, and my arm biffed it against the wall. Then, I announced that ‘the wall should learn to move out of my way when I’m falling towards it’.

I had a small bout with insomnia, and for that reason it was after midnight until I fell asleep.

Then, damn having to wake up to pee. I woke up at 6:30, and by 7, I was bugging Chad, just for something to do.

I swear to god I have some sort of ADD….

All in all, I had a great time.

Today, a bit after I got back, I went to hang out with another one of my friends.

On the way there, it was pouring down rain. Halfway to town, my windshield wipers quit working. I could barely see, and I was weaving all over my lane of the road. I finally turned off the main road and found a lesser road to pull over on. I got my wipers working again, but I was still a bit shaken, so I called Chad. I was practically bawling my eyes out, I had been so scared. I hadn’t even driven a few feet when my wipers quit working again. So I had to pull over a second time. After fiddling with the wipers a bit, I got them unstuck, and they worked fine.

I was a bit unnerved by the whole experience.

Anyway. My friend and I did a bit of shopping, that was pretty much it.

On the way home, it was raining like mad. I had my wipers on the highest setting, and I could still barely see. I was going 35mph on a 55 road, that’s how bad it was. All the dark clouds, thunder, and lightning scared the bejeezus out of me so bad that I called Chad again, just so I wouldn’t panic while I was driving.


I had quite the interesting drive home.

And that has been my weekend.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s